Pantonic All Stars Steel Orchestra
Child Protection Policy.
Pantonic All Stars Steel Orchestra fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection.
Our policy applies to all trustees, tutors, volunteers and others working in or on behalf of the association.
There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of trustees, tutors and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
We recognise that because of the day-to-day contact with children, trustees, tutors, and volunteers are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. The association will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the association whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Ensure that children understand that we may not be able to respect confidentiality and may need to pass information on.
We will take account of guidance issued by the Department for Education and Skills to:
- Ensure we have a contact of a senior person for child protection & safer recruitment who has received appropriate training and support for this role.
- Ensure every trustee, tutor, and volunteer knows the administrator is the designated senior person responsible for child protection.
- Ensure all trustees, tutors and volunteers understand their responsibilities in being alert to the
signs of abuse and responsibility for referring any concerns to the designated senior person responsible for child protection.
- Keep written records of concerns about children, even where there is no need to refer the matter immediately.
- Ensure all records are kept securely, separate from the main file.
- Develop and then follow procedures where an allegation is made
- Ensure safe recruitment practices are always followed.
Reference / Guidance links:
All trustee, tutors, and volunteers are circulated with a copy of the BBE Child Protection Code of Conduct Reference is also made to “Safeguarding Children in Stockport”
Stockport follow the Greater Manchester Child Protection Guidelines and referral is also made to this should a need arise.